The Bible is Full of Treasure!
Camilla and I have been working hard adding new entries to the Grace Commentary. Since my last update, we’ve added content for around 200 new verses and made additions to a similar number of already-published verses.
If there is a theme for this update, it is treasure. The Bible is full of it and the more you dig the more you find.
To help you discover some of the treasure in the Bible, we have added content for common questions like these:
- What is God like?
- What does it mean to be rewarded for giving a cup of cold water?
- What are the rewards for doing good and loving your enemies?
- What did Jesus mean when he said we would be repaid for our deeds?
- Does Jesus want us to sell our possessions and give to the poor?
- What does it mean to say the church won’t be overpowered by the gates of Hades?
- Does Jesus really want me to cut off my hand?
- What does it mean to say their worm does not die?
- What are the “hundred times as much” rewards of the Christian life?
- Who was Joanna and why was she grateful for Jesus?
- Who is the thief who comes to kill, steal, and destroy?
- Where does the Bible say humans are not born immortal?
- What does it mean to get a living from the gospel?
- Why did Paul make himself a slave to all?
- Why did Paul say he might be disqualified?
- How do we sow to the flesh? the spirit?
- What does it mean to be excluded from the life of God?
- What was Paul’s crown?
- What is the eternal gospel?
- What is the perseverance of the saints?
We have also added new glossary entries for:
As you know, the Grace Commentary is a work in progress. After 16 months we have covered about 2,200 verses, but there is still a long way to go. It’s a big project, but hopefully a worthwhile one.
I want to thank those of you who have contributed financial support for this project. I’m pleased to report that our hosting costs for the first two years are now completely paid for.
Sign up to receive occasional updates on progress: